Monday, May 28, 2012

A 'creative' endeavour into a birthday cake

Ok, so I may not be perfect but we can't blame the wonky cake on me.  It was made by someone else and in a dodgy oven. However, I embarked on a mission...early 2011 once again...to create a musical themed cake for my cousin.  After gleefully destroying a set of earphones from Sam's Warehouse, I managed to create this.  There's actually quite a few of the fondant musical notes in different styles around the other side of the cake.  The children loved eating the letters in Cayla's name even if the cake itself was an utter failure on the inside.  If you've ever tried to colour something with black food colouring, you'll know it was an achievement to get it so dark.  So, embrace the cake.

2 comments:

  1. Black dye is DEATH!!! Congratulations, it is quite an achievement XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) It took about an hour and thoroughly stained hands...

    ReplyDelete